An Advanced Imaging Workshop in Xenopus will be held at the Marine Biological Laboratory and hosted by the National Xenopus Resource (NXR) in Woods Hole, MA from November 16-22, 2013. Registration is now open at:
Topics to be covered in this imaging workshop include:
1) A primer on microscopes and optics with a focus on practical considerations.
2) Imaging immunostained Xenopus embryos in whole-mount.
3) Live imaging of cells and tissues in intact Xenopus using fluorescent fusion proteins.
4) Live imaging of cells and tissues in explants.
5) Computational post-processing of images for presentation/display.
6) Development of custom imaging assays for students.
Participation will be limited to 15 students. The course will be team taught by experts in Xenopus and imaging.
If you have any questions, please email Xenopus@mbl.edu.