Brown MBL students based at MBL rent rooms, houses or apartments within the local Woods Hole and Falmouth, Massachusetts communities. Good places to look for housing rentals are:
- MBL’s off-campus housing list
- WHOI (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution) Community Housing site
- Cape Cod Craigslist
Short-term housing for Brown MBL students, faculty and affiliates is also available.
October through May
During the academic year (October through May), the Brown MBL Program rents 11 North Street, a cottage on the MBL campus, for visiting Brown MBL participant use.
June through September
During the summer/high season months (June through September) the Program rents a cottage in Memorial Circle near the Devil’s Lane Parking lot and shuttle stop, about two miles from the MBL campus.
Both cottages have kitchens thus no meal plan is required for guests staying in them
In the event that a space is not available in the Brown MBL dedicated cottage, participants will be housed in one of the on-campus dorms, such as Swope Center or Ebert Hall. Participants staying in the dorms must purchase a meal plan during their stay.
RESERVE SHORT-TERM HOUSING
To reserve short-term housing:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating date of arrival and date of departure
- Go to: http://ws2.mbl.edu/research/NewCenter.asp?PID=0.
- Fill out form as indicated
- Choose Brown MBL Program in the ‘which center/program will you be visiting’ field
- In the ‘ Specific conditions to be taken into consideration when assigning accommodations’ box, which is right below the Housing Accomodations table, put ‘Brown MBL Scholar’ so housing knows you are affiliated with and will be covered by the Brown MBL Program.
- In the payment box, select ‘MBL Account’.
- Submit form
Still have questions regarding housing or dining at the MBL? Please contact:
The Brown-MBL Program
phone: 508 540-7431