Location: The Memorial Circle Cottages are located about two miles from the MBL campus (see map below). Parking is not available on the MBL campus for most MBL employees and resident students during the summer/high season; you must take the shuttle or walk or ride a bicycle on the nearby shining sea bike path. The shuttle runs every 15 to 20 minutes between Devil’s Lane and campus Monday through Friday between 6:30 am and 7:45 pm or so. It also runs Saturday mornings. Shuttle schedules are available in hard copy at Swope Center where you will check in for your stay and electronically here.
Cottage amenities: The cottage has two shared bedrooms (doubles) on the main floor, a loft that sleeps two, a fully equipped kitchen, a dining area, and one bathroom. Linens are provided. There is no maid service; tenants are responsible for cleaning the cottage, taking out the trash/recycling, and washing and folding linens on departure and whenever else they want clean sheets.
Parking: Only two cars can be parked at the cottage at any time. Additional cars must park in the Devil’s Lane parking lot, located a short walk away across Oyster Pond Road.
Laundry: Guests have access to laundry facilities in the Pilot House, which is almost directly across from the Devil’s Lane parking lot. The door to the Pilot House generally should be unlocked; if it’s not, your cottage key unlocks it. All machines are credit/debit card (not coin)-operated except for the soap dispenser, which requires coins.
Make a Reservation:
- Send an email to email@example.com indicating date of arrival and date of departure
- Fill out the online housing application here.
- Choose Brown MBL Program in the ‘which center/program will you be visiting’ field
- In the ‘ Specific conditions to be taken into consideration when assigning accommodations’ box, which is right below the Housing Accomodations table, put ‘Brown MBL Scholar’ so housing knows you are affiliated with and will be covered by the Brown MBL Program.
- In the payment box, select ‘MBL Account’.
- Submit form