Date(s) - 07/30/2014
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Meigs Room, Swope Center
Students and young scientists are invited to attend a series of FREE mentoring workshops. Registration is required. Go to www.mbl.edu/SUCCESS to register. Buffet lunch at 11:30 AM.
- The importance of a mentor in a successful scientific career
- Finding teachers and researchers who are inspiring (look inside & outside of your institution)
- Various ways to approach potential mentors
- Distinguishing different kinds/levels of mentors
- Qualities to look for in a potential mentor
- What to do when your mentor does not match your needs
For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.