Welcome to Housing at MBL!
Individuals wishing to reserve MBL housing, throughout the year, must first complete an application, other than students participating in MBL courses (who automatically receive housing upon acceptance to a course). MBL housing is not available without registration and a housing application.
For those of you who are not sure of the process please contact the housing office directly and we will be happy to walk you through the process. Please contact us at 508-289-7431, 508-289-7213, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Housing Application Forms: Available Jan 1.
Prior to submitting any housing applications, please register with the correct MBL department, i.e., Research& Programs, Education, Center/Program, Library.
- Whitman Investigators/Housing Application - (Lab deadline is December 15. *Deadline is March 1 for summer housing) To be filled out by Principal Investigators, Research Award Recipients, Grass Fellows, Postdocs, Research Assistants, Graduate and Undergraduate Students.
- Faculty/Staff Housing Application (*Deadline is March 1 for summer housing.) To be filled out by all those related to MBL courses. ie Course Directors, Course CoDirectors, Course Lecturers, Course Faculty,Course Coordinator, Teaching Assistants.
- Center/Program Visiting Research & Housing Application *(Deadline is March 1 for summer housing) To be filled out by anyone visiting the following: The Bay Paul Center, Bell Center, Brown-MBL Graduate Program, BioCurrents Shared Resource, Cellular Dynamics Program, Ecosystems Center, Financial Services, Grass Laboratory, Housing, Human Resources, or the Xenopus Resource.
- Library Registration / Housing Application *(Deadline is March 1 for summer housing) To be filled out by those registering in the library needing housing for the dates of their registration.
- MBL Vendor Faculty Registration and Housing Application (Deadline is April 24) This registration and housing application should be selected by those who are vendor faculty working with Martha Peterson.
If you are not sure which application you should be submitting, please contact the Housing Office at 508-289-7431 or 508-289-7213, email@example.com. We will be happy to answer your questions and direct you to the appropriate application.
We begin accepting online applications and making assignments on January 1 each year.
For Summer Housing: the Deadline for receiving applications is March 1. Submission of an application does not guarantee housing. (Students accepted to MBL courses do not need to submit an application.)
Because summer demand is high and housing is limited, only students participating in MBL courses are guaranteed housing each summer. All other housing assignments are made on a space-available basis according to a user category established by the MBL.
Summer Assignment Categories (Please refer to this list to determine your category)
Applications received after March 1 will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Only those registered and affiliated with the MBL’s summer and resident research programs, MBL courses, and the Library will be considered for housing.
MBL Corporation Members may reserve MBL housing for one week annually as availability permits. Due to high demand from course and research activities, housing is generally not available to Corporation Members between June 15 and August 15. Corporation Members may also sponsor a MBL visitor. Unrelated MBL visitors may request housing during the off season periods based upon availability. The unrelated MBL visitor may or may not have a MBL sponsor. Contact the housing office directly for details.
Housing applications from individuals with overdue MBL accounts will not be considered until the bill is paid in full.
Questions about the housing application process can be directed to: Deb Deering, Housing Coordinator, 508-289-7213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the Assignment Process page for more information.