The MBL’s EAP services are provided by LifeScope. The EAP provides assistance to employees, their immediate family members, and their household members in times of need. The EAP’s professional, licensed counselors offer confidential help with personal problems. Help is just a phone call away.
What is an EAP?
The EAP provides counseling and referrals for a wide variety of personal issues. If you or a household member is faced with a personal issue, the EAP’s professional, experienced, and knowledgeable counselors may be of help.
Marine Biological Laboratory employees, immediate family members, and household members can see an EAP counselor for up to 3 sessions per issue at no cost. EAP counseling sessions may be enough to resolve the matter. However, if you, an immediate family member, or a household member needs additional services, the EAP counselor will make a referral to an appropriate resource. Should there be a cost for those additional services, it is possible that medical insurance may cover those costs. Your counselor will follow-up with you to make sure you are on your way to a resolution of the issue.
What type of issues can EAP Counseling help resolve?? Personal issues, such as…
Relationship Difficulties Drugs Stress Marital Conflicts Alcohol Parenting Issues Emotional Concerns Coping with Change Family Difficulties
Can the EAP help with other sorts of things? Yes!
- Personal Legal Advice? If you find you need personal legal advice, the EAP can put you in touch with an attorney for a telephone consultation of up to 30 minutes at no cost to you. For more complex situations, the EAP can refer you to an attorney for face-to-face consultations. In these instances, you will be entitled to a 25% reduction in your legal fees. Legal forms including wills and power of attorney are available on the LifeScope website.
- Financial Services are available to help with mortgages, estate planning, identity theft recovery, debt management and financial management skills. Also available is a 30 free initial phone consultation with a financial educator or referrals to certified financial professionals.
- New parenting transition program provides confidential telephonic or email counseling sessions with a Family Management Coach. Through discussion, self-awareness strategies, and cutting-edge organizational tools, the coach works with the client to craft a family/life plan that will harmonize the particular dynamics of their family and work life and ease their transition back to work.
- Wellness work / life referrals will provide Marine Biological Laboratory employees, and household members with information on becoming a parent, locating child and/or elder care, school-aged decisions, special needs, college preparation and planning, relocation services, and a host of other topics. This information is available telephonically, and packets of related information may be sent as well.
- LifeScope can be your concierge and provide referrals health clubs, nutrition and weight loss programs, smoking cessation programs, stress management, traditional & alternative medical resources and support groups. Plus house cleaners, real estate brokers, contractors, electricians, plumbers, party planners and volunteer opportunities.
In addition, the LifeScope website, provides you, immediate family members and household members with tip sheets, articles, personal and mental health assessment tools, on-line trainings, financial calculators, legal forms and interactive videos. Topics include health and wellness, life balance, financial information, tax forms, legal information, child and elder care, pet care, depression, sleep disorders, and a multitude of other topics, including a home page t covering issues that are current or in the news. To access the website from an outside computer, go to www.LifeScopeEAP.com and enter: MBL (case sensitive) for the Username, guest for the password, and you’re in!
Who will know that you participated in the EAP? No one will know that you participated in the EAP unless you choose to inform him or her. The program is confidential. What you say to a counselor remains private.
Do employees have to use the EAP? Utilizing the EAP services is voluntary. It is up to you whether to use it or not.
How can I get in touch with the EAP? To set up an appointment for any of the above services, simply call (800) 828-6025. In the event of a clinical emergency, call any time, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week and you will be able to speak to an EAP counselor.