|MBL Society members only: Please log in.
Forgot your password? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) invites qualified scientists to become a member of the MBL Society. From its inception in 1888, the MBL Society has been guided by scientists who are invested in the MBL. Today, members of the MBL Society may serve as members of Science Council and on MBL Society Committees.
Applying for Society Membership:
Download the application form here. You may also call 508-289-7300 to request a form, or visit the MBL Director’s office on the third floor of Candle House, 127 Water Street, Woods Hole.
A complete application includes: 1) a filled-in application form, 2) a CV, and 3) two endorsements by current Society members. To use the form, you must have the latest version of Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The application form should be filled out, saved, and e-mailed with your CV as an attachment to email@example.com. Endorsements may be e-mailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Science Council will review applications for approval at their meetings during the year.
Why Join the MBL Society?
- Year-round access to the MBL/WHOI Library and scientific buildings
- Eligible for nomination to Science Council (Student members cannot serve on the Science Council)
- May serve on Committees of the Society
- Access to a password-protected members-only website
- Free online subscription to the Biological Bulletin
- Gift shop discount
- Receipt of MBL Catalyst and LabNotes