Join our experienced educators for a seashore adventure at the renowned Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole. Children ages 4, 5, and 6 are invited to explore, discover, and learn about the seashore habitat around Woods Hole.
The MBL will again offer 6 Coastal Explorers sessions (weeks) during the summer. Classes will focus on marine vertebrate and invertebrate life including fish, whales, coastal birds, sea stars, mollusks, and crustaceans. Activities will vary from session to session.Children will learn about native coastal species through visits to the Woods Hole Science Aquarium and the MBL Marine Resources Center, and will learn from related hands-on art projects, musical activities, books and videos.
Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 AM – 2 PM in the MBL Club, 100 Water Street, Woods Hole. Enrollment is limited to 20 children per one-week session (2 classes per session).
- Session 1, July 7 and 9, 10 AM to 2 PM
- Session 2, July 14 and 16, 10 AM to 2 PM
- Session 3, July 21 and 23, 10 AM to 2 PM
- Session 4, July 28 and 30, 10 AM to 2 PM THIS CLASS IS FULL
- Session 5, August 4 and 6, 10 AM to 2 PM THIS CLASS IS FULL
- Session 6, August 11 and 13, 10 AM to 2 PM THIS CLASS IS FULL
Fees per session:
$85 MBL Club members/MBL Associates/MBL employees
$105 Non members, Non Associates
To register your child for the 2015 program, please download, complete and send in:
Coastal Explorers Application 2015
Coastal Explorers Health, Photo Release, and Pick-up Form 2015
* Please note: applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive confirmation beginning in May.
For information: email@example.com