Learn more about the Marine Biological Laboratory by visiting the Pierce Exhibit Center at 100 Water Street in Woods Hole. The Center is named in memory of Robert W. Pierce, a former Trustee of the Laboratory who enjoyed sharing the MBL story with his many friends and colleagues.
Colorful exhibits tell the story of the MBL and its impact on life sciences. Live animals, stunning underwater video footage, a hands-on microscope, and an interactive squid are all part of the visitor experience. We invite you to explore the Pierce Exhibit Center and learn more about the natural world around you. The Pierce Exhibit Center is designed for all ages.
Hours of Operation:
- May: 11 AM-4 PM (Mon., Weds., Fri.)
- June: 11 AM-4 PM (Mon., Weds., Fri., Sat.)
- July-August: 10 AM-4:30 PM (Mon.-Sat.)
- September: 11 AM – 4 PM (Mon., Weds., Fri., Sat.)
- October: 11 AM – 3 PM (Mon., Weds., Fri. – Columbus Day)
- November – April (Open by appointment only.)