October 23, 2014


MBL Visiting Scientist Forms and Information

Application for Visiting Scientist to Whitman Center – Completion of this form is required of all Whitman Center Visiting Scientists. This form should be used by PIs applying for lab space rental, PIs sharing lab space, and ALL others working in the PI’s laboratory. The deadline for applications for space rental is December 15, annually. Decisions regarding invitations and assignment of lab space are usually made by early March. Any questions about the registration process, or about lab space should be directed to the Office of the Deputy Director of Research and Programs; researchprograms@mbl.edu or 508-289-7173.

Applicants intersted in MBL Research Awards please click here.

Application for Visiting Scientist to a Center/Program – Completion of this form is required for all visitors and guests hosted by a resident research program. This includes: Bell Center for Regenerative Biology & Tissue Engineering, BioCurrents Shared Resource, Cellular Dynamics Program, Ecosystems Center, Encyclopedia of Life, Josephine Bay Paul Center, Marine Resources Programs, National Xenopus Resource, and Program in Sensory Physiology & Behavior. In addition, this application is to be used for all visitors and guests hosted by an MBL administrative department such as External Affairs, Financial Services, or Human Resources.  Visitors wishing to rent space in the MBLWHOI Library should apply at :http://ws2.mbl.edu/mblwhoilibrary/. Please contact your host if you have any questions.

Biosafety Committee Forms – The MBL’s Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) reviews MBL research that involves recombinant DNA or other hazardous materials requiring safety or biosafety precautions.

IACUC Forms –  All research involving the use of vertebrate animals must have a protocol approved by the MBL Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) before the research can begin.  THESE APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED WELL IN ADVANCE OF START DATE OF RESEARCH AT THE MBL.

Seawater Tank Space Application – If your research requires access and use of seawater and seawater tanks within the MRC or Rowe seawater table room, please fill out this form.