- When is the Main Dining Room open to the public?
During the summer months beginning Memorial Day and closing the Saturday of Labor Day weekend
- When is the MBL conference season?
Generally, Labor Day through Memorial Day
- What is a Café Swope Card?
Similar to a frequent diner card; Café Swope Cards are available from the cashier at Café Swope. After purchasing 10 luncheon specials the 11th is free.
- How do I arrange for a coffee break?
Call 508-289-7184 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org 5 days in advance of the date
- Who should I contact for a catered function?
Call 508-289-7184 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Is there a menu for catered items?
We have suggestions in the Catering Menu section of this site as well as the Casual Catering Guide.
- What if I want something different?
Contact the catering manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are my options if I don’t want a catered function but I want food for my meeting?
View the Casual Catering Menu.
Summer Program FAQ’s
- Can I take my meals to go?
The food provided in the main dining room is for consumption in the main dining room. This does not mean that you cannot take the piece of fruit or cup of coffee with you, it means that the meal is to be enjoyed in the dining room. For those that won’t be able to take a meal in the dining room, Sodexho offers box meals, provided 24 hours notice is given.
- What if I lose my meal card?
All meal card holders are required to swipe their card upon entry to the dining room. If you lose your card you must get another from the Housing Office.
- Can I bring a guest?
Yes, guests may pay for their meal at the cash register.
- Can I charge a meal?
We can no longer provide the option of signing for a meal. However, Sodexho Meal Cards may be purchased or charged to an account.
- What is a Sodexo Meal Card?
Meals can be purchased in groups of 5, 10, and 25. These cards are non-refundable, however they are transferable, and they do expire at the end of the summer.
- I didn’t take all the meals on the Sodexo card. Can I get reimbursed?
No, the policy is that once you purchase a card it is yours. Sodexo does not reimburse for meals you don’t use. However, the card is transferable.
- How do I order a box lunch?
Box lunches or dinners may be ordered 24 hours in advance. See the cashier to place a box lunch order.
- Who do I speak to about my dietary restrictions?
Please e-mail Cheryl Greene at email@example.com with any dietary concerns or restrictions you may have.
- Can I order a birthday cake?
Yes we can usually provide birthday cakes with 24 hrs. notice. Please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org