The Ecosystems Center
Remote sensing reveals significant forest regrowth amidst net deforestation in African dry tropical forests
African dry tropical forests are critical for biogeochemical cycles, water conservation and provide natural resources for over 100 million people who directly depend on these forests for their livelihoods.
Citing Climate Change, Baywatchers Program Begins One Month Early
Water testing in Buzzards Bay is taking place one month earlier this summer. Ecosystems Center Director Dr. Chris Neill said this is the first time the water testing program, which is done as part of a large monitoring and science program the lab does in collaboration with the Buzzards Bay Coalition, has begun in June.
WBNERR Heads Multi-Faceted Study Of Salt Marshes
A $1.3 million project headed by the Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve that has been in the works for four years is in its final stages, and will bring findings of national importance to local administrators and leaders in the scientific research field.
TIDE Project Blog
- REUs Gone Wild: A Weekend in Woods Hole July 14, 2015
- Melampus Madness July 8, 2015
- My REU project and the joy of being able to do science in my hometown July 1, 2015
MBL Blog > Ecosystems
- Save the Date: Ecosystems Center to Celebrate 40th Anniversary March 24, 2015
- Chilling Out at the Arctic LTER Meeting March 10, 2015