The Ecosystems Center
The MBL’s Anne Giblin and colleagues are watching how the salt marshes in the Plum Island Estuary in northern Massachusetts are bearing up as the climate warms, sea level rises, and coastal development stresses their ecological integrity.
Seminars & Events
- Seminar: Marianne Moore, Wellesley College
- 10/28/2014 -
- Seminar: Maureen Conte, Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences / MBL
- 11/04/2014 -
- Seminar: Tarik Gouhier, Northeastern University
- 11/18/2014 -
- Seminar: Michael McCormick, Hamilton College
- 12/02/2014 -
History of the MBL – Interview with John E. Hobbie
MBL Blog >> Ecosystems
- Salt Marsh Strategies: How Plum Island is Holding Up Against Sea-Level Rise and Climate ChangeThe MBL’s Anne Giblin and colleagues are watching how the salt marshes in the Plum Island Estuary in northern Massachusetts are bearing up as the climate warms, sea level rises, and coastal development stresses their ecological integrity. A senior scientist in the MBL Ecosystems Center, Giblin directs the multi-institutional Long Term Ecological Research (
TIDE Project Blog
- Salt marshes as unsung heroesMarshes are quiet, unassuming ecosystems that do a lot for us. They provide protection from storms, they produce animals that we like to eat or watch, and they give us wonderful places to look out upon while watching the sunrise (or set on the West Coast). WCAI, the Cape and Islands NPR station, highlighted salt […]
Huang, Q; Yang, X; Gao, B; Yang, Y; Zhao, Y. 2014. Application of DMSP/OLS nighttime light images: A meta-analysis and a systematic literature review. Remote Sensing 6(8): 6844-6866, doi:10.3390/rs6086844.
Souther, S; Fetcher, N; Folwer, Z; Shaver, GR; McGraw, JB. 2014. Ecotypic differentiation in photosynthesis and growth of Eriophorum vaginatum along a latitudnal gradient in the arctic tundra. Botany-Botanique 92(8): 551-561, doi: 10.1139/cjb-2013-0320.
Wang, X; Liu, L; Piao, S; Janssens, IA; Tang, J; Liu, W; Chi, Y; Wang, J; Xu, S. 2014. Soil respiration under climate warming: differential response of heterotrophic and autotrophic respiration. Global Change Biology 20(10): 3229-3237, doi: 10.111/gcb.12620.