The Semester in Environmental Science is a 15-week fall semester at the Ecosystems Center of the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts. The curriculum provides an intensive field and laboratory-based introduction to ecosystem science and the biogeochemistry of coastal forests, freshwater ponds and estuaries.
Why Study at MBL?
- To connect with the world-class Woods Hole scientific community
- To deepen your knowledge about global change and the complex feedbacks and unexpected consequences of human impacts on the planet
- To learn science by doing it—gaining experience in field and lab research
- To meet inspiring and like-minded student colleagues
- To get wet and muddy, have fun, and work hard!
News and Events
- 2016 SES Distinguished Speaker Seminar Series
- 2017 SES Brochure
- Apply for Fall 2017. Application Deadline March 20, 2017.
- Video: 2015 Semester in Environmental Science Presentations
- December 18th, 2015 SES Student Symposium Schedule
- 23 SES Alumni present at 2015 Fall AGU and CERF Meeting
- Video: 2014 Semester in Environmental Science Presentations