General Information and Rates
All rates listed below are estimates for budgeting. In order to obtain the most accurate information please reach out to our Housing Team to obtain a more complete quote.
Available housing will be assigned according to the institution’s established tiers. We will verify the tier included on your application with the appropriate MBL department. If, at any point, you withdraw from or cancel your work at the MBL, your housing will be cancelled as well.
The following factors will also be taken into consideration when making assignments:
- Number of people in applicant’s party: Cottages and 2-bedroom apartments will be assigned to families with dependent children before they are assigned to a couple, regardless of category.
- Need for lead-free housing.
- Approval to bring a pet (cottages only) – pet fee required.
- Disability: Housing for persons with mobility impairments is severely limited. Please indicate mobility impairment on your application.
Factors NOT considered when making housing assignments:
- Medical conditions. The staff in housing is not qualified to evaluate medical conditions, regardless of documentation from a physician.
- Housing, when available, is only provided for immediate family members and dependent children.
Confirmation of Housing Assignment:
Housing confirmations will be emailed verifying your dates of arrival and departure. All assignments are subject to change up to the day of arrival.
Should there be any changes to this reservation or late arrival, you must notify the housing office directly as soon as possible. Cancellations must be made to the housing office directly and confirmed by Housing a minimum of 15 days prior to the start date of the reservation.
Cancellations received after the 15 days will result in the responsibility of payment. Early departures, late arrivals and missed meals are non-refundable.
Check in time for all MBL Housing is 2:00 PM on the date of arrival.
Guests may check in at the front desk, located on the first floor of the Swope Center.
The Swope office is fully staffed Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with expanded hours in peak seasons in order to try to align with all clients needs.
*If you arrive after office hours and find the door locked, use the call box at the front door the security staff will assist you with check in. Due to high demand for housing, individuals arriving prior to their registration date must make other arrangements for housing.
Unless arrangements have been made in advance with the Housing Office, occupants of all MBL housing must vacate their accommodations by 10:00 AM on the date of departure. Check-out instructions are provided prior to departure date.