All individuals performing research at the MBL on vertebrate animals are required to obtain approval from the MBL Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. The lead PI on the project should fill out the appropriate form (initial or renewal) and submit the protocol by emailing the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. All IACUC applications must be submitted 6 weeks in advance of first use to ensure approval prior to experimentation.
- IACUC Charter
- Regulations – Regulations for the use of vertebrate animals at MBL
- Committee Roster – Names, functions, numbers, e-mails for members
- Purchasing Animals Procedures
- Guidelines for Animal Use – hints on planning for using animals for courses
- Zebrafish – the policy regarding protocols for zebrafish use
- Reporting Animal Care Concerns
Please note that the initial and renewal applications have been revised August 2021. Read through the following carefully to ensure you fill out the tables accordingly (add additional rows as needed).
- Initial Application For The Use and Care of Vertebrate Animals at the MBL (Word doc)
- Renewal Application (Word doc)
- Addendum Request (Word doc) – form for addendums to approved IACUC protocols
- If an IBC protocol is required, please submit the application found on the Biosafety page
- Weekly Animals Report
Under MBL policy, all cephalopod use in research is now overseen by the MBL IACUC. An approved IACUC cephalopod-specific protocol is required before commencing any research involving their use.
Animal Order Forms – required for all applications; initial or renewal
Please use the appropriate form for the kind of animal you are ordering:
- Training Module: General
- Animal Care and Use Resources
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Second Edition of Arena/OLAW Institutional Care and Use Committee Guidebook
- Memo on the Use of Fertile Bird Eggs, May 22, 2007
Please return all completed forms to:
IACUC Recording Secretary