Meeting Spaces and Other Facilities
CLASSROOMS, LABORATORIES, AUDITORIUMS & MEETING SPACES
We offer a wide variety of meeting spaces to meet your conference or event needs. Please click on the links below for photos and descriptions of each of the available room options. Most can be arranged to match meeting size or event needs.
The Marine Biological Laboratory offers two theater style lecture auditoriums for use by larger groups. The larger, Clapp Auditorium, and the smaller Speck Auditorium. Both are available for day, evening, or hourly rentals and include the option of having coffee breaks and/or catering available in their lobbies.
- Lillie Building, Clapp – seats 500, stage, built-in AV and Video Conferencing system
- Rowe Building, Speck – seats 140, podium with built-in AV and Video Conferencing system
Being an educational facility the Marine Biological Laboratory has a wide variety classroom and conference meeting spaces available to choose from. Most of these spaces can be arranged to fit the needs of your group or event. Basic classroom set up, boardroom, U-Shaped, Theater style, or any style that you may require.
- Loeb Building – G70 – seats 60, classroom or computer lab, built-in AV systems and dividable.
- Candle House, and the Lillie, Starr, and Marine Resource Center buildings – seat 10 – 60, with AV systems. Classroom or conference table style. Portable Video Conferencing/Streaming available
The MBL offers a few unique multi-function and event spaces that can be used as classrooms, lecture halls, social reception and networking space, theaters for movie nights, or poster sessions.
- Most of these spaces have one of a kind views overlooking Eel Pond or Great Harbor and Vineyard Sound.
Special arrangements can be made for the use of laboratory spaces. Our research facilities can assist with the rental of microscopes, seawater labs, dry lab spaces, additional equipment for your needs, and special requests for marine biology.
We offer a multitude of room setup options to fit your program needs in most of our multipurpose rooms and spaces. From Classroom to Boardroom to Banquet setups and more!
Requests for Meeting Space at MBL – email@example.com and Program Request Form.